Friday, March 8, 2013

Starting things off right.

I decided in order to start my blog off right I should start with a tribute to someone who inspires me as a cook. Ina Garten would be that person. If you have seen even one episode of her show you will see she is down to earth and one of the classiest women I know! This coming week (starting Monday) I will be cooking dinner out of Ina's book "Barefoot Contessa: Family Style." I've planned the menu and decided to share it with you:)

 
Week of Ina
Monday:
-Curried Chicken Salad pg.61
-Parmesan Roasted Asparagus pg.46
-*Dessert: Caramelized Apples with
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream & Rum whipped cream pg.169
 
Tuesday:
-Real Meatballs & Spaghetti pg.103
-Garlic Bread
-Bacon Corn
-*Dessert: Coconut Macaroons pg.169
 
Wednesday:
-Chicken Stew with Biscuits pg.90
-String Beans with Shallots pg.115
 
Thursday:
-Herb Roasted Lamb with Vegetables pg.74
-*Dessert: Tiramisu
 
Friday:
-Tequila Lime Chicken pg.85
-Green Salad
-Fresh Pineapple
 
Saturday
-Scott's Short Ribs pg.94
-Chive Biscuits pg.138
-*Dessert: Frozen Key lime Pie pg.138
 
 
 
Here is a picture of the book all the recipes came from and the brilliant woman herself...
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment